V-Ray Environmental Fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Environmental Fog

Has anything changed with the V-Ray Environmental Fog? I was using it with little hit to my render times, but after the last V-Ray update my render times went from 1+hours to 20+ hours, so I have not been able to use it.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

bobby give an empty volume grid a go - works pretty good and less fiddly and slow than regular vray fog
    just set the rendering type to smoke and up the bottom left graph value to something like 0.05 or 0.01
    If you dont want a particular light coming up in the fog then exclude the volume fog from it

even though its very simple and has no settings is there a reason volume grid is faster and works better than vray env fog?

Comment

Which was the previous V-Ray version you are comparing the latest Next Update with?
      Have you tested the same scene with the two different versions or this is a general observation?
      Please make a test with the previous V-Ray version you are referring to and V-Ray Next Update 1.1 and if the render time with the latest update is longer, please send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com, so we can investigate further.
      Kristina Georgieva
      Technical Support
      support@chaosgroup.com
      Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by squintnic View Post
        bobby give an empty volume grid a go - works pretty good and less fiddly and slow than regular vray fog
        just set the rendering type to smoke and up the bottom left graph value to something like 0.05 or 0.01
        If you dont want a particular light coming up in the fog then exclude the volume fog from it

even though its very simple and has no settings is there a reason volume grid is faster and works better than vray env fog?
        Holy shit !!! I never thought to use VolumeGrid on that way !! Thanks squintic !
        New "toy" to explore !!!
        (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Originally posted by Kristina.Georgieva View Post
          Which was the previous V-Ray version you are comparing the latest Next Update with?
          Have you tested the same scene with the two different versions or this is a general observation?
          Please make a test with the previous V-Ray version you are referring to and V-Ray Next Update 1.1 and if the render time with the latest update is longer, please send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com, so we can investigate further.
          I've heard this a few times.

How do you add an empty grid? I just get the explorer window pop up when i select volume grid. What do I do next?

Comment

press cancel

Comment

Working...
            X